Validation. It's what every stay at home, 168 hours a week, full time mommy is needing. Sometimes the days turn into weeks and the laundry on the couch rotates through the washer again, before making it to the drawers, and I start to forget the things that really matter. Like the fact that Judah is speaking in completely full sentences "Mommy the fuc goes wibbit wibbit" and "I luv that kiddy- meeeoooowww" Yes, kittymeow... it's one word. So the days go by and I forget. I have never been a good diary keeper/journalist, I've tried for years. So it just occurred to me that maybe, just maybe- it's because no one else was reading it. So, Im going to try this blogging deal again... writing the silly nuances of my stay at home, sleep deprived, crazy in love with my family- life. Maybe its a sort of validation OF my life, so I can look at that enormous pile of laundry and say "hey- look what I DID do... Judah went potty on the toilet today, hooray for us!" Written down, documented, so much better than in my head.
and you can cheer along...

Do it! Blogging has been super validating and encouraging for me--notes from people I know who stop by occasionally, and mostly people I've never met who stopped by and then kept stopping by... It's more fun the regular journaling,too (even though I normally write better with a pen) because you can immediately put a photo(s) with it and have the entire memory or moment summed up. The feeling of that moment. It's become a form of sanity, too--a way of stepping back and seeing that yes, I'm doing better than I give myself credit for (I know--I'm writing you a small novel, here) I'm linking to you--hooray!
ReplyDeleteI loved reading your blogs :) You write so well, and I could totally feel what you were saying. You've inspired me to start one :)
ReplyDelete